- NTUT may offer courses during the summer term for students who:
(a) Fail, and are required to retake a mandatory course;
(b) Transfer from other schools/change their majors, and are required to take the pre-requisite courses of the admitted year of study;
(c) Are graduating (completing their studies) in the current year but must retake certain courses; or when
(d) The courses are suitable to be open during the summer term.
(e) No student may take the course she or he has withdrawn from during the summer term (except for foreign students and overseas Taiwanese students).
If NTUT does not offer certain course during the summer term, students shall fill out the NTUT “Cross-Registration Summer Session Registration Application Form” and obtain the approvals of the head of her or his department/institution/degree program and the Office of Academic Affairs. She or he must complete the course registration and pay the fees according to the specified time and procedures before starting the class.
- Students From Other Schools: A student must be enrolled in a local/foreign college/university accredited by the Ministry of Education to be eligible for Cross-registration. The applicant shall fill out the NTUT “Cross-Registration Summer Session Registration Application Form” and obtain the approvals of the head of the department/institution/degree program applied for, and the Office of Academic Affairs. Then, she or he must complete the course registration and pay the fees according to the specified time and procedures before starting the class.
- The Curriculum Section of the Office of Academic Affairs will survey the students’ needs (the minimum requirement for announcing a course is 15 or more students) and the teachers’ willingness to open the course during the summer term before early May, and publish the class schedule before the final exam. A course will not be offered if no teacher is available, or the enrollment is insufficient.
- The minimum enrollment for a course during the summer term is fifteen students. A course will be cancelled in the case of insufficient enrollment unless the course is needed by at least five students who are graduating in the current year, and those students are willing pay for the shortage of credit fees for fifteen students. For any special situation, the course opening will be subject to ad hoc approval.
- Every 18-hours of teaching is equal one credit unit. Experiments and internship courses shall provide at least 36 or 54 hours of teaching.
- Each student shall not enroll in more than 12 credits.
- Each student who enrolls in any course during the summer term shall pay credit fees according to the fee schedule of that semester (if the credit units are different from the credit hours, the fees shall be charged by the hour).
- Any student who is unable to complete the courses due to severe illness or critical accident during the study in the summer term may apply for withdrawal before the final exam subject to the consent of the teachers and the department head. The credit fees are non-refundable.
Rules and Forms
Cross-Registration Summer Session Registration Application Form -- for NTUT students to register for outside courses E4
Cross-Registration Summer Session Registration Application Form -- for outside students to register for NTUT courses E5
Q: How can I check if I still have class when there is a typhoon during my summer session?
Please pay attention to the news report. If the Taipei City Government has announced that work and school are cancelled in the greater Taipei area, then NTUT will also cancel the classes of the summer session as prescribed.
Q: How can I look up the summer session schedule and download related forms?
Our office has set up a designated page to post announcements of course registrations, forms available for download, a timeline of summer session processes, and other related information. Please see the latest announcements of the applicable year. (NTUT Homepage > Administrations > Office of Academic Affairs > Summer Session)
Curriculum Division Ms. Tsai；ext. 1134；E-mail：firstname.lastname@example.org