Taipei Tech Revised Epidemic Preventive Measures in Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic Situation (Effective from 2021/11/3)
1. In accordance with the amended “Guidance on Managing the COVID-19 Pandemic at Colleges and Universities for the Academic Year 2021–2022” released by the Ministry of Education on November 1, 2021, Taipei Tech convened the 67th Epidemic Prevention Conference and made the following changes.
2. From the 8th week of this semester (November 8, 2021), all courses shall be offered on-site (including courses over 80 people and the Physical Education).
3. Notifications for on-site courses
(1) Fixed seating arrangement shall be implemented, and the roll call shall be taken. If fixed seating arrangement is unachievable, instructors should take a photo of the class for further investigation if necessary.
(2) If social distancing can be kept or partitions can be equipped appropriately, instructors may teach without wearing a mask during the class from November 3, 2021. Students must sanitize their hands and wear a mask throughout the class. Besides, eating and drinking is forbidden during the class.
(3) Classrooms shall be ventilated, while being cleansed and disinfected regularly. Besides, tools, machines and equipment used in class shall be disinfected as well. The air-conditioner may be used when the diagonal windows are open for at least 15 cm wide to maintain classroom ventilation. The doors are not required to be opened then.
(4) All of the participants shall wear a mask during the Physical Education classes. However, if social distancing can be kept among unspecified members (that is, participants other than students or faculties from Taipei Tech) and none of them has respiratory symptoms, participants may be allowed to exercise without a mask during the class. Class members who are not exercising must put on their masks.
(5) Practical courses: While conducting internship or laboratory instruction, fixed groups shall be adopted. Besides, students shall avoid sharing lab equipment and supplies. If it is necessary to take turns using the equipment, please ensure thorough sanitization before the rotation.
4. Latest information will be updated on a rolling basis according to the status of the pandemic situation and CECC’s announcements ( https://oaa.ntut.edu.tw/p/404-1008-98622.php?Lang=zh-tw ).